Terceira Island - Azores - Portugal

Terceira Island - Azores - Portugal

Friday, April 8, 2011

All Packed Up

 These are just a couple of photos of the view from my bed, where I have collapsed after working to pull things together - like unplugging lamps, cleaning them, and wrapping the cords - since 6 AM.  Frank and Brian arrived at 9:30.  They started packing in the dining room and parlor while I hustled to make sure I put everything into a closet if I didn't want them to pack it.  The morning started off sunny, but by noon the clouds scudded in and it got wet.  Except for a short run to Mickey D's, they worked through till 4:30. As soon as they left, I crawled under the covers.
As you can see, Emma is exhausted, too.  Poor baby.  First I closed her in Steve's room, then my room, and then I made her stay in the dressing room with me while I sorted more clothes and put liquids in bags (e.g. nail polish, perfume) while the guys packed the bedroom.  In between carrying stuff out of their way, I did a couple of loads of laundry. The piles of brown paper bundles are more impressive downstairs, but I'm upstairs and I ain't movin' just to take another picture.
*  I hadn't been ensconced in the only usable piece of furniture in the house for ten minutes before I got a call from my boss.  We're supposed to go into the office Monday morning, and if the furlough actually happens this time, they'll give us some information and then release us.  ETA for the movers is 9 - 11 Monday (instead of Tuesday).
*  Tomorrow morning Emma has an appointment at the vet clinic to get the paperwork done for her permits.  I'll send it right off to the USDA via FedEx.  Then we'll go to our respective beauty shops for grooming so we look all purty for the Lajes reception committee.
*  After the movers load everything into the truck and there's floor space for Emma's mondo crate, I'm going to bring it up to my room and get her used to being in it.  Yeah, right.  I just know there's no enticement that will get her to go in on her own - not even piggy ears, which is her treat of choice.
*  OK.  Time for some Aleve.
Tchau!